In contrast to the Bin-to-Light workflow, Put-to-Light is a method used in order sorting processes where items are brought to a designated location after being picked, and sorted into individual customer orders on a stationary Skublox wall. There are two sides to the Skublox system – the sorting side and the shipping side.
Once goods are picked from the warehouse and brought to your sorting area, simply log into the Skublox Sorter app on your device and scan them. Skublox will automatically designate a slot for each scanned item, grouping products that belong to the same order together, and lighting up the assigned slot in your unique color. To confirm that the item has been placed in the slot, simply scan the slot barcode!
When all the items for an order are accurately assembled, the light on the shipper side of the wall turns green, indicating that this order is ready to be packed and leave the warehouse.
Manage Put-to-Light Walls
- Navigate to the Skublox Hub portal at https://xx.hub.skublox.com (replace “xx” with your team name) or open the Skublox Hub app.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Select Walls and choose the wall you want to view.
- Active and ready-to-use walls have a distinct green dot indicator
- A flashing red dot next to the wall’s name indicates recent activity
- Click on a wall’s name to access a number of related options. Here you can:
- Adjust the brightness of the slots
- Refresh all slot lights remotely
- Run light tests on the slots
- Restart the Skublox Controller App
- Turn off the Skublox Controller App
- To disconnect a sorter from a wall, click on the user > Disconnect.
Click on a slot to view and manage specific slot information:
- Click on an SKU to open the product in the Skustack Admin
- Click on an Order # to view the order’s details in the Skustack Admin
- Click Flash slot to help an employee locate the slot on the wall
- Click Cancel pending scan to cancel the pending scan
- Empty the slot by clicking Empty slot (requires security PIN)
To change cabling configurations:
- Click Actions > Edit.
- Configure Wall segment shape.
- Select a Cabling flow direction from the dropdown. You can preview the wall configuration on the right.
- Click Edit wall, to save your changes.